May 15, 2021 – 8:00AM – Noon
Home Firearm Safety
In today’s world, many are seeking different forms of protection and relief for peace of mind in the home. In this course, you will begin to understand the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for safely handling and storing firearms and ammunition in the home. Participants will be introduced to the following:
– NRA’s rules for safe gun handling;
– Primary causes of firearm accidents;
– Firearm parts and ammunition components;
– How to unload, clean and care for firearms;
– How to safely store firearms in the home;
– And the benefits of becoming an active participants in shooting sports.
May 22, 2021 – 8:00AM – Noon
Training by a certified instructor is a requirement for pursuing a Concealed Carry license in the state of Wisconsin. Join us for this course to fulfill this requirement as a part of your application and begin to understand the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to carry a concealed pistol for personal defense. Participants will be introduced to the following:
– Firearm safety;
– How to select a pistol for self-defense;
– Modes of concealment;
– How to draw from concealment;
– Loading and stoppage remediation;
– And how to safely clean a pistol.
May 22, 2021 – 12:30PM – 5:30PM
Live Fire Training
You’ve learned the basics of firearm safety, and now you’re looking for a hands-on opportunity to put your knowledge to the test. Join us for this course and participate in a live-fire training on a gun range. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of sight alignment, trigger control, grip and breath control.
For more information, contact:
Ryan Skabroud, Dean of Public Saftey, LTC