Over 110 Years of Service to Manitowoc County!
On September 26th, 1907 a group of 26 sportsmen came together to form the Manitowoc Hunting & Fishing Club to protect the abundant resources of Manitowoc County. They rented the Steinhardt’s Hall for 50 cents and elected their officers in order to bring together this new organization. Ed Kelly was named President, with Fred Carus – VP, H. Berndt – Secretary and Ed Oberland – Treasurer. This would later become the Manitowoc County Fish & Game Protective Association and the rest truly is history. Today we thank those with the foresight to make this the special place that it is to live and work!
The above pictures show projects at the pheasant pens, lake projects and property work. They span our entire history and many of them represent projects that have been done several times!
The history of Manitowoc County Fish & Game is literally etched and built upon the face of Manitowoc County in it’s public accesses to area lakes and hunting areas. Our history represents hundreds of thousands of hours of volunteer leadership and hard work, along with several hundred thousands of dollars of investments made by area clubs, their members and supporters in the community.